Moving From One City to Another

My kids were enrolled in a private school last year. We moved to a different city in the summer and I would like to start homeschooling this fall. We haven't enrolled our kids to the school in our district. I have a few questions. Do I need their records from the private school? Do I need to inform their previous school OR the new school in our district about my plans to homeschool? Are these questions for the HSLDA? Thanks for your response.

Reply to Moving From One City to Another:

Yes, check with HSLDA's website for what the law is in your state to be sure. With so many states and each with their own set of rules and regulations, I would hate to send you down the wrong path! All the best to you on your new adventure!

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to How To Homeschool Q & A.