Favorites for Little Ones
by Amy K
My kids are 6 and 4, and some of their favorite books include:
1. Toot & Puddle by Holly Hobbie - I absolutely adore the gorgeous watercolors in this book, and their friendship is very sweet. The others in the series are also good.
2. Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner - I've read at least one of the Skippyjon Jones books nearly every night for the past 2 months. I would be getting tired of him if he weren't so FUNNY! Very fun if your kids are into learning Spanish as well.
3. What Do People Do All Day by Richard Scarry - One of my 6-yr old's absolute favorites. He cried when we had to take it back to the library, so he got his own copy for Christmas! He began reading words with this book, while looking through the very cute and detailed drawings.
4. A Garden for Miss Mouse - Miss Mouse goes crazy one year and plants seeds everywhere, and she has to have help from the whole neighborhood come harvest time. This is a very sweet and fun read-aloud.
5. My son with Asperger's LOVES Miss Delia's Manners Quiz. It is riotously funny, and goes through many different occasions and the proper etiquette involved. Everyone in the family (including grandparents) have laughed until they cried reading this book. And the kids have learned better manners in the process.
Reply by Diane:
Thank you Amy! Your list of favorites for your little ones sounds great...I miss those fun innocent books!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Home School Book Reviews.