White Chocolate Mint Truffles
by Choco :)
This is my daughter's favourite recipe to make as gifts, given to us by a chocolate loving aunt. :)
125ml (1/2 C. + tsp. more*)thickened cream
150g (about 5+ oz.*)white chocolate broken into pieces
25g (1 oz. or 1/8 C.*)hard peppermint lollies (candy)
40g (1 1/2 oz.*)icing sugar (powdered sugar)
1. Pour cream into a sauce pan and add the chocolate. Heat gently (you may need an adults help) while stirring until the chocolate has melted. Put the saucepan somewhere safe to cool.
2. Whisk the cream mixture until it is thick. You can use a whisk, fork or an electric beater for this. Place the saucepan in the fridge to chill for 3 or 4 hours.
3. Put the peppermint lollies in a zip lock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Stir the crushed mint into the mixture.
4. Use a teaspoon to make blobs of mixture. Put the blobs on a plate and place in the fridge for 1 hour, or the freezer for 30 minutes.
5. Sprinkle icing sugar on another plate. Roll the blobs in the icing sugar until they are round and nicely coated. Put the finished truffles in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
Truffles can be frozen for up to 4 days.