Easy Beef Stew!
- 2 pounds of cubed beef stew meat (Sometimes if I made a beef chuck roast or rump roast, earlier in the week. I will use the left over meat to make beef stew if I have enough meat and then I cube it.)
- 3 TBS cooking oil
- 2 1/2 cups of beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried parsley or 1 TBS fresh
- 1/2 tsp of ground pepper
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots, cut into coins 1/2 inch thick
- 4 stalks of celery, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp cold water
In large pot cook oil over med heat cook beef until brown. If your using left over roast, all you have to do is warm it in large pan.
Pour in beef broth & water. Stir in rosemary. (I like to crush dried rosemary before I use it. Otherwise when you eat it, it can prick your mouth like little needles. And with little ones that is no fun!) Mix in parsley and pepper. Turn heat up to med-high and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour!
After 1 hour of cooking add in potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion. Place 2 tsp of cold water into a bowl and mix in cornstarch til dissolved. Then add it to stew. Cook for 1 hour longer. Let cool and enjoy with bread or sandwiches!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Recipes.